Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Dance like nobody is watching you!

"Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances."
- Maya Angelou
:) the thought makes me smile. or Should i say the word dance and rhythm makes me smile. Its been a desire from childhood to learn one form dancing. but well things dont always fall into place. So i decided what if i dont learn them i can always dance whenever i feel like doing so. The zeal to dance becomes higher specially when i see madhuri dixit dancing. Its a treat to the eyes to watch her dancing. The grace, the perfect steps, the ease with which she dances, the flow - everything is so beautiful. so the day i watch a movie in which madhuri is dancing, the whole day almost goes in humming the song and taking a step each time. My parents laugh at me, my sister sometime joins me. Its amazing.
Whenever i am on a team outing or with a group friends, i am probably the first to initiate dancing. Most of the people are apprehensive, but once they try it, they are with the flow. it takes a while to sink in that no one is professional dancers and nobody expects u to be good at dancing. Then all are dancing to their own dancing steps. its feels good at the end of it.
IF you ask me every person loves to dance. They are just tied by their on inhibitions and the feeling of how it might look to people around us. The fear of people laughing at us. Once we forget there are people looking at us everyone will dance. :)
Dance has always been a passion. I may not be a professional but that doesnt stop me from dancing a step or two on good numbers . I feel it a very good way to express and de-stress. if i had learnt dance i would have probably danced all my tensions away. I am still thinking of joining a class someday. Someday i want to dance good steps to good tunes, not just my style of dancing.

6 comments:

Divya said...

Cha! Never saw u dance man!
Wonder how! One day I will come to your house, you can show your moves then :D

Unknown said...

Yo.. i have seen u dance baby... :) nice blog

TB said...

I think I bring out the real dancing queen in Shwetha...come on admit it, you know we've busted some moves..cars, offices, beds...must I mention the others?

Shwetha said...

agreed! when taara is around the josh to dance is even more. Coz she is one person who can help me with some more good steps. :)

Bala Mechanical said...

This one is good .... very much true indeed , everyone loves to dance ... be it whatso ever from salsa , hip hop to dapankuthu ... ((;
i know your favorite dance steps ... well i can bang ur favorite dandanakka , danakudakkan ((((((((((;

Bindu said...

you really have unique dancing skills shwethu :)